Happy New Year! I am excited to share our 2021 year-end update and preview our plans for 2022.
2021 was a transformational year for Cumulus, and our team has many milestones to celebrate. Our most notable achievements include the following:
- More than doubled the number of customers using our platform;
- Supported customers in countries across five continents, including in the United States, Canada, Mexico, the Netherlands, Ireland, India, Singapore, Malaysia, Russia, South Africa, and Trinidad;
- Welcomed seven new team members, including Elmer Evangelio (Senior Quality Assurance Engineer), Ani Garcia (Deployment Engineer), Suraj Gutti (Technical Support Engineer), Loyd Patterson (Senior Business Development Manager), Laura Payne (Director of Marketing), Xinyu Tang (Software Engineer), and Ryan Titterington (Business Development Manager);
- Launched the beta release of our new product, Cumulus WorkFlow, which expanded Cumulus into many new markets beyond bolted joint management;
- Entered several new markets, including industrial construction and pharmaceutical manufacturing;
- Earned our SOC 2, Type 2 certification, recognizing our ability to meet the security requirements of our enterprise customers;
- Implemented a new ESG Policy, formed an ESG Committee to coordinate company-wide efforts, and adopted six of the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals;
- Earned recognition from the US EPA’s Natural Gas STAR Program as a service provider whose technology can facilitate methane emission reduction;
- Appeared on several industry podcasts, including Evercore ISI Invest, Digital Wildcatters, and Bigger than Us; and
- Published a case study with Shell describing how Cumulus helped Shell’s Pennsylvania Chemicals project ensure zero lost work amid a COVID-19 shutdown in March 2020.
Traditionally, year-end updates focus primarily on achievements. Because we recognize that growing a business is difficult, it is important that we also acknowledge our challenges:
- COVID-19 continued to impact our team and customers. Some clients postponed projects due to travel restrictions, labor shortages, and supply chain constraints.
- Our team had to overcome several technical challenges caused by a growth in demand on our backend infrastructure. The engineering team worked around the clock to strengthen our infrastructure to handle the increased load while ensuring that our customers did not experience any downtime.
Working through these challenges made us a stronger, more resilient company and team.
What is in store for Cumulus in 2022? We have identified three focus areas to advance our mission of digitizing quality assurance for mission-critical work in maintenance and construction:
- WorkFlow: We will continue to incorporate user feedback from the beta release, leading to a full commercial release in Q2. We will also integrate new connected tools and sensors into the workflows that our users are building.
- New Verticals: We will continue expanding into new industry verticals. We are pleased to commence enterprise deployments with lighthouse customers in several of these new markets.
- Team Expansion: We are continuing to grow our team, especially in sales and customer success. Travel restrictions permitting, we plan to expand our team in high growth markets, including Southeast Asia, India, and Canada.
After a relaxing holiday break to recharge, we can’t wait to roll up our sleeves and get started in the new year.
Thank you for the continued support of our mission and our team. On behalf of everyone at Cumulus, best wishes for a healthy and prosperous 2022!